Eric J. Benner
Eric has over 30 years experience in all areas of family law and alternative dispute resolution, including contested custody matters, large asset value divorce matters, paternity matters, as well as adoptions, guardianships and estates.
Eric is a registered and certified family law mediator. Since undergoing mediation training in 2009, he has successfully mediated numerous cases. Eric helps attorneys and their clients save time and costs of litigation, prevent a further breakdown of family relationships, and reduce stress on children by resolving their issues out of court, and empowering them to keep the decision-making power in their own hands.
Eric's expertise in handling family law cases from beginning to end, as well as his experience as a family law mediator, makes him the ideal attorney for your family law needs.
Eric also has extensive experience in felony and misdemeanor criminal matters, including DUI/OWI, sex offenses, major felonies, and white collar crime. Eric has successfully assisted clients to achieve the best outcome possible in all areas. Eric can assist you in dealing with your mistakes and navigating the criminal court system.
In addition to Eric's family law and criminal experience, Eric has achieved great success in handling personal injury matters and has represented hundreds of clients against those who have caused them injury, whether through negligence, greed, or malice. Eric's dedication to resolving your case for the maximum amount possible, is unmatched. Eric and his team will work hard to get you the money you deserve. And remember, there are never any attorney fees if we don't collect!
Please do not hesitate to contact me to discuss your legal needs.
Year Joined Firm
Areas Of Practice
- Family Law
- Pre and Post Marital Agreements
- Criminal Defense
- Operating While Intoxicated
- Juvenile Delinquency
- Specialized Driving Privileges
- Personal Injury
- Automobile Accidents
- Slip and Fall
- Wrongful Death
- Wrongful Death -- Plaintiff
- Adoptions and Guardianships
- Estate Planning
- Indiana, 1989
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, Indianapolis, Indiana
- J.D. - 1989
- Indiana University, Kelly School of Business
- B.S. - 1986
- Major: Business Economics and Public Policy
Professional Associations And Memberships
- Hamilton County Bar Association, Member
- Hamilton County Bar Association, Vice-President, 1996 to 1997
- Indiana State Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Hamilton County Alcoholic Beverage Commission, 1999 to 2007
- Federal Magistrate J. Patrick Ensley, Law Clerk, 1988
- Indiana Tax Court, Law Clerk, 1987